Respiratory Medicine – PGCert*
This is a taught postgraduate programme from the University of Birmingham available both part time/full time with start date from October 2019.
The course provides you with an overview of common conditions in respiratory medicine, their diagnosis and management, and the balance of public health, community and secondary care input to the overall service delivery in the speciality. It is taught using a mixture of lectures, tutorials, hands on practical sessions and workplace based elements. It will provide speciality training for budding respiratory specialists in primary or secondary care, either medical or allied healthcare professional.
The specific aims of the programme are to:
1. Provide an in-depth understanding of the common conditions and concepts relevant to community based respiratory medicine including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Sleep apnoea
2. Equip you with a comprehensive understanding and practical knowledge of acute respiratory problems, and complex lung conditions managed in a secondary care setting including:
- TB and other respiratory infection
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Cystic fibrosis
3. Provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to plan and deliver efficient and successful clinical services through case based learning and supervised clinical protocol design.
For those interested visit website at: www.birmingham.ac.uk/respiratory-medicine
*This programme is subject to final approval and will be open for application once approved. Please email if you would like to receive an email once the programme is open for application.